Leather Luster is a special formula in liquid form. Once applied to a leather article, it will give you a brilliant high gloss finish, taking the place of the old method of having to "spit shine" your gear or use patent leather articles.
Leather Luster is guaranteed not to crack, peel or harm the leather in any way. Leather Luster is used by law enforcement, fire and rescue, sports officials, medical and military personnel: for gun belts, leather shoes and boots or other leather articles. It's perfect for every aspect of industry! The Leather Luster shine lasts not for a week, month or a year but can last for the life of the leather product.
1. THIS MUST BE DONE IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA.
2. You must remove all waxes, oils, and dyes from the leather by scrubbing with the Pre-cleaner and rough terry cloth rags. Note: This must be done until no more color appears on the Rags. Because some leathers contain so many oils and dyes, some may require more than a single can of Pre-cleaner.
3. After step 1, allow to dry for 10 mins. Note: For some of the more popular brands of boots, we have found great success with using a fine sandpaper, (180-220) to lightly buff the leather; it seems to help open the pores of the material, Wipe again with Pre-cleaner and set to dry.
1. Apply a thin coat of Leather Luster. Allow to dry 4-6 hours. The first coat of Leather Luster will not have a shine. Note: If possible, place in direct Sunlight, this will aid in drying;
DO NOT BAKE THIS PRODUCT.
2. Apply a Second coat of Leather Luster and set to dry. Note: The First coat of leather Luster must be DRY, not tacky at all.
2a. If Leather Luster is not completely Dry: Not all oils and dyes have been removed; Use Pre-cleaner and terry cloth rags to re-scrub the tacky areas, dry leather luster will not be removed.
3. Once you have 2 good coats, Use the fine steel wool to buff the leather to a smooth even surface. Note: Some leathers may require 3 coats before buffing.
4. Clean the material of all steel wool particles.
5. Apply a coat of leather Luster. If this is your final coat, take your time. Bubbles can be removed by lightly blowing on them. Note: you can repeat steps 3-5 until the desired gloss is achieved.
TO REMOVE LEATHER LUSTER:
1. You will need Leather Luster Finish Remover (Item # M00000)
2. Apply Leather Luster Finish Remover liberally to a small section of the shoe. Let sit for 30-60 seconds. The old Leather Luster will coagulate and rise off of the leather.
3. Wipe and/or scrape off old leather luster and repeat until all Leather Luster is removed.
IF YOUR FINISH GETS SCUFFED OR SCRATCHED:
1. Buff the area with the steel wool pad.
2. Apply a coat of Leather Luster and allow to dry.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does Leather Luster work on all shoes?
Leather Luster was formulated for leather only. The product has been used on leather upper balance man-made materials, boots and shoes with success. However, you must follow the instructions completely. We have found that many boots and shoes today have water proofing and oil resisting agents on them; therefore, use only very thin coats when applying Leather Luster. You will get the same high gloss shine.
Does the thickness of the leather matter?
Leather Luster must be able to soak into the material. If the material is thin on the boot or shoe, then you should only apply 2-3 thin coats of Leather Luster. If product has too many coats, the product may start to peel on man-made material boots and shoes. Again we stress that the Leather Luster must be able to soak into the boot or shoe.
How long will Leather Luster last?
The Leather Luster shine will last six months to a year, if not longer.